Tuesday 26 November 2013

Day 1 of a change

I decided to get back into the way of keeping fit.
About 3 weeks ago I decided to start stretching to improve my flexibility.
(I think I wrote about it either here or on tumblr (rawrdotorg, go follow me) )
I now want to take it up a notch and tone up.
So I've measured myself:

Arms: 12 inches
Chest 36.5 inches
Thinnest part of waist: 29.2 inches
Thighs: 22 inches

I'm happy with the way I look and don't believe that numbers mean much at the moment.
However, I do want to get more into shape and become stronger.
I want to see if I can burn any slight excess fat that I do have and turn it into muscle instead.

Yesterday was the first day of my fitness regime that I'm putting in place.

Monday is Shoulders and arms day.
I looked on Pintrest for a lot of inspiration.
Firstly I did a stretch yoga routine with Blogilates
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5ZTVQnsBw

Then I did some weight training (not anything heavy just 2 lb or so)
Then I used some of the arm work outs from this canadian website
http://www.divine.ca/en/health/exercise-finder/c_266/ basically you highlight and click a part of the body and it provides exercises that will help strengthen that area.

Then my boyfriend came over whilst in the middle of this next work out and I never got to finish it. (Thank goodness though as I found it hard work and my arms hurt a bit today, nothing strenuous but it is gonna take a while to get my arms into shape)
http://www.youbeauty.com/body-fitness/galleries/best-arm-workouts


Today is Upper and lower back day throwing in some ab work outs too.

No comments:

Post a Comment